Municipal and Industrial Regulated Activities (2008)
|Create Date||29th August 2008|
Point source discharges refer to discharges from urban waste water treatment plants, licensed discharges to surface waters regulated by the EPA, and licensed discharges regulated by Water Services Authorities. Combined storm overflows (CSOs) are not included in the scope of the study. CSOs in urban areas are being further assessed in a study of Urban Pressures being undertaken by the Eastern River Basin District (ERBD).
The Terms of Reference identified the following tasks.
- Task 1 Data review, data gaps and additional data
- Task 2 Report on measurement equipment at urban waste water treatment plants
- Task 3 Characteristics of urban waste water
- Task 4 Population growth projections
- Task 5 Revised point source discharges risk assessment
- Task 6 Prioritisation of measures
- Task 7 Development of SIMCAT model for SWRBD