Sustainable management of water and wildlife often requires the cooperation…
EPA Advice for Private Well Owners Affected by Flooding
If your well has been affected by the recent flooding, the EPA recommends that you should make sure it is properly disinfected before using it for drinking water. This should be carried out once any flooding has subsided.
The EPA has extensive online resources available, including information on:
• Protecting your private well water
• Testing and treating your well water
• Concerns and complaints
• Further guidance and Frequently Asked Questions
• A Protect Your Well Assessment App
• A short animation explaining how to protect your private well.
You can access these at: http://www.epa.ie/water/dw/hhinfo/