Water Heritage Day: Share a Story, Make a Connection – Sunday August 26th
Water Heritage Day concludes Heritage Week on Sunday, 26th August. This day is a celebration of our most precious natural resource in all its forms, from the sea, to rivers, lakes and garden ponds.
The Local Authority Waters and Communities Office are working together with the Heritage Council to bring you events across the country. Some of these include:
- Knoxpark Family Day : Viking Picnic beside the Ballisodare River
- Doon Peninsula Walk on Lough Carra
- Cooley landscape, wells and culture
- Wildlife of the Swilly: Boat Tour
- The Shannon: Sights Sounds Stories
- Dromore River Canoe Trail
- Picnic by Lough Ree
- Enjoying Wildlife along the Barrow
- People of the Camac, Connected by Water
- Water life in a Pristine River
- Walk and Talk – Shannon Wetlands
To find out more details, and see all the events in your area check out www.heritageweek.ie, pick up an event guide at your library, or check your local newspaper.
If you can take the opportunity to participate: Celebrate Water, Share a Story, Make a Connection…and enjoy!